Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Mish| Piz Buin Allergy Sun Sensitive Skin Lotion Review

You may have noticed the sun has decided to join us lately, calling for new sun protection. I have a love/hate relationship with sun lotion, exasperated by the fact I’m pale skinned (i.e. a ghost). Past sun lotions left my skin in an awful state. Greasier than a fish supper due to not absorbing, finally absorbed - horrid pus spots developed. Lovely. I have tried many - all have failed to give me everything I wish for in sun protection.

A)     Protection against UVA & UVB  rays
B)     Absorbs quickly into skin-leaving skin smooth not greasy
C)     Helps stop prickly heat developing.

To give it its full title Piz Buin Allergy Sun Sensitive Skin Lotion ticks all these boxes. Its main promotional point being it's suitable for sensitive skin. This is now the only sun lotion I use. It absorbs fast and does not leave me greasy. Your skin does gain a nice sheen but nothing a normal body cream wouldn't produce. Most importantly, you are not sticky.

Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014

Other lotions left me feeling the full force of the sun instantly on my skin. As though I haven’t applied protection. Piz Buin is different; yes, you still feel heat on your skin but not as intense. The special ingredient is Calmanelle (sounds like a Pokémon) which is I quote from the bottle “a unique anti-irritant shield complex proven to help strengthen the skin’s resilience to the sun,” so probably explains why I don’t feel the heat as much. 

I have never had prickly heat whilst wearing this lotion which used to be the bane of my life, even a mild Scottish summer reduced me to a raw rash before this landed in my lap. The product also doesn't rub off onto clothing, always a bonus.


Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014


 I would say if you or someone you know has sensitive skin then Piz Buin Allergy is a good place to start.  The sun is for everyone’s enjoyment but please be sensible use sun protection. I apply this every 2 hours when I’m out. Yes people stare as I lotion myself up in ASDA car park but when I see their crispy, burnt skin, I know I will be sleeping soundly in my bed that night whilst someone applies camomile lotion to their cindered back.



Wish I could sit out in the garden all day... some people have all the luck!
Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014

So what is your favourite sun lotion to use? Do you use any at all? Had any sun burn disasters?  Leave your comments down below, we love reading them all!




 I have no association with Piz Buin or Boots; this is my own view on the product. I’m just a ghost trying not to get burnt :) 

2 comments:


  1. Get Custom Boxes & Custom Packaging at Custom Packaging Boxes Wholesale USA an Online shop for Low-Cost Custom Boxes Wholesale.
    The Custom Packaging Boxes
    Custom Boxes Wholesale
    Business Cards
    Mailer Boxes
    Slider Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such partner ludicrously lighting up and pleasant post a copious of associate obligation of feeling is therefore regarding sharing! by then in the course of a general sense Visit Here lotion packaging boxes

    ReplyDelete