Pages

Monday 23 June 2014

Mish | To Birkenstock or not to Birkenstock?

Let me introduce you to these lovely Papillio by Birkenstock Bali Sandals.  Aren’t they cute? OK so the tan foot bed looks butch but the blue floral design more than makes up for that. My trusty Marks and Spencer sandals died last year so I needed new summer sandals. Honestly, I have no idea why I choose Birkenstock. I received a “we miss you” card from QVC with £10 off in the post. Internet shopping happened.


Photo copy right Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy,1014


I had seen Birkenstock before but always been put off by the hard ridging in the foot bed. It looked painful. I  struggle keeping slip-on sandals on my feet; the main draw for me here is the ankle strap. I may look awkward fixing my straps but that’s the price I’m willing to pay so I don’t have to walk on grubby pavements after my shoe has gone AWOL again. 
Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014


Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014

Let’s get down to the nitty gritty. The shoes are a gorgeous sea blue base decorated with creamy/pink, flowers and green stems. There is also the odd flash of corn blue to break it up. The buckles at the strap and toes are gold tying in with the writing in the foot bed. On the inside of the straps we have a soft almost fuzzy padding making it comfortable for the foot. The foot bed contains Birkenstocks signature look a deep heel cup, arch support, a gripper for your tootsies concluding with a foot-bed edging to protect the toes. Nothing worse than stubbing your toes!

Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014
Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014


I was sceptical when I put them on but mother of mercy they're comfy! The  sandals provide amazing support to the foot and my feet are not sore and tired after a hard day's work. The style has also won me over as  I was worried about joining the Birkenstock crew (let’s be honest most are ugly as sin, the shoes not the people) but Papillio have done themselves proud here. 



Photo copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014


I shall be taking them with me on my adventures safe in the knowledge that not only will my feet be stylish but also comfortable. Never again will I experience the agony of having a rat run over my bare foot again after my slip-on sandal decided to go on holiday by itself. Shudder…

No comments:

Post a Comment