Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Mish | Holidays do bad things to my hair ~ Part 2

Hello Lovelies! My hair is finally getting back to normal after it's rendezvous to Chicago.

As you know from Part 1, holidays make my hair misbehave. My healthy hair just collapses; becoming incredibly dry, brittle, course and unruly.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Please let me know! I have been so exasperated at times I've nearly walked into hairdressers to get it all cut off.

Knowing what was about to meet me I decided to pack items that would hopefully aid my hair whilst I was away.



L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil 


Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo / Tresemme Remoisture Conditioner


I use these both at home and I reviewed that shampoo in more depth here, It helped rid the product build up in my hair due to the amount I was using to control it. The conditioner normally provides very good moisture and softness but struggled in Chicago. Normally I decant my bigger bottles but I was being lazy and bought mini ones, oh the shame...

Redken Diamond Oil Deep Facets Conditioner


I received this tester after purchasing items of Feel Unique saving it especially and split it into two uses. First use my hair felt marginally more conditioned. After the second use my hair was noticeably softer and more conditioned than it had ever been whilst away. I feel I can't give a proper review as it was fighting a major battle but part of me does think as it's a deep conditioner it didn't really blow me away. I looked up reviews on-line and they are very positive, think I might get another tester to try here in Dundee and give it a proper review. 

Boots Soltan Head & Hair UV Spray


My beloved Charles Worthington Sunshine Protection spray is no longer stocked anywhere in Dundee. A firm favourite for many years I had to reluctantly purchase something else. The people at Boots recommended this. It protects the hair from UV rays and keeps heat of the head; however I found if over used can make hair sticky and greasy. Only solution to spray very lightly and far away from my head. As I am very sun protection conscious I'll let this one slide as I would never forfeit proper sun protection for my hair to look amazing.

Kerastase Nectar Thermique


I had some spare cash a while ago and decided to treat myself to this. My hair is definitely a lot easier to manage when straightening  feeling luxuriously soft and sleek, like my hairdresser has just styled it, however by the end of the day it's seriously fluffy. I've no idea why and it only happens with this product. Even though I do love it I am hesitant about a repurchase as it is so expensive for what it does. For Chicago it did what it needed to do and as my hair was in a plait most days the fluffiness never occurred thankfully.


Other Products


As for the other products, not really much more to say. The hairspray did its job and kept my main in place, same with the Batiste. The two Elixirs; the L'Oreal sachet I saved for the day I was leaving to wash my hair but I never used it. I use this oil most days and my hair has become smoother and softer as a result of. The Kerastase one was a sample from my hairdresser. It smooth's my hair perfectly and unlike the L'Oreal one if I accidentally apply to much  it doesn't look greasy. I might purchase the full size Kerastase Oil rather than another Thermique and just stick to my regular straightening balm. 




So there you have it my summer holiday hair routine. Does anyone else have the same hair problems as me? Should I buy special products for hard water area? 
Leave your comments below we love to hear from you!

Disclaimer: All product views are my own, I am not associated with any brands in this post.
All Photos copyright at Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment