Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

Mish | Nails on Friday ~ Revlon No:731 Knockout



Revlon #731 Knockout

Let me tell you a secret. I really love a glossy black nail polish. To me it looks very classy and chic but, I am still trying to find that perfect black polish.(Anybody else?) When I picked up Revlon's Knockout I had high hopes and honestly was left a little deflated.

Knockout isn't disaster far from it; it's just not what I expected. Revlon has always been a favourite brand of mine and one of the few brands where I actually have used all of their different products; from foundations to lip liners I've had it. Also the name Knockout? I always associate the word with red not black, but hey who am I to judge, I gave every goldfish I ever had as a child a double barrelled name. (Possibly due to the fact they lived in a castle??)



First nail = One Coat
Second Nail = 2 Coats

The polish itself applies smoothly as you would expect from Revlon, it dries quickly, non streaky and if you were rushed you could get away with one coat. The brush hangs onto a lot of product so be sure to swipe the side of the bottle before application. I do love the handles of Revlon polishes they are one of the more comfortable to hold onto, but I feel the actual brush could be more tapered to make application easier.

During the first application I couldn't help but noticed a slight blue tinge to the polish. After the second coat the finish article is definitely black but I can't help think Knockout is a very very dark navy blue? Maybe this is why I am not entirely satisfied with it? Truthfully Knockout is your everyday black polish, looks lovely when applied and does its job. The polish did chip rather quickly (one day) but I'm giving it the benefit of doubt, my nails have been in a sorry state recently with peeling so I think this is the problem not the polish.


I do like Knockout as a everyday black polish however it doesn't fill my hunger for a very deep and glossy black polish. Halloween is today and if you are in need of a black nail polish then I urge you to hop on your Nimbus 2000 and purchase Knockout (your nails will thank me when you try removing the horrible cheap stuff supermarkets produce for Halloween) and it will easily see you through the winter months. 

                                                     Revlon #731 Knockout rating 7/10
A good everyday black, but nothing out of the ordinary.


So after a wee break Nails on Friday is back! 
Do you have a favourite Black nail polish? 
Can you help me find the glossy black nail polish of my dreams? 
Leave us a comment below we love hearing from you! 
Thanks for reading! xx



Happy Halloween!


Disclaimer: All views my own. I have no connection to any company mentioned in this post.
 Photos copyright of Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment